Thursday, June 6, 2013

4th grade celebration of learning

Of course there was also a celebration of learning for fourth grade.
The kids started of with a concert. This year they have started learning how to play a recorder (blokfluit) during music lessons. They played along with the song 'rocking robin'. They also sang the song 'Extraordinary' by Mandy Moore (lyrics at the bottom of this post)
Just like in Floortje's class the kids also voted to award their classmates an award. Famke was awarded with 'Most likely to be president'. Love it!

Famke favorite memory of fourth grade was her visit to Minute Maid Park (home of the Houston Astros). I wish I had pictures of that visit but unfortunately they did not let Famke bring her camera.

 

  • I was a bay tree
    Quiet and unseen
    I lived in stories but inside I kept a mystery
    I was a starling
    Nobody's darling
    Flying in perfect circles
    Desperate company

    [Chorus:]
    And now I'm ready
    And now I'm ready
    And now I'm ready to be
    Extraordinary

    A midnight airplane
    A window blowing
    I know I am another sparkle in the sky
    I shine on copper
    Still undiscovered
    But you must see me in the corner of your eye

    [Chorus]

    Waking up to wake up someday
    I am my own prey
    Stopping off at a sidewalk cafe
    The wind is playing up in the trees
    Kicking up confetti leaves
    Sings as if it's all to say

    [Chorus x2]

 

No comments: