Monday, September 16, 2013

Churches

Most of you know that religion in the US is still much more a part of daily life than it is in Holland.  I have looked up some statistics (don't pin me down on this) that states that in the US 16.1% of people say that they have no affiliation with a religion while in Holland this number is 45%.  When looking at Texas, a very conservative state, this percentage is only 4.5%.

A quick check on the internet showed me that there are more than 75 churches in Katy alone.  One of the surveys I looked at also spoke about 'A very competitive religious marketplace' meaning that quite a few people change religion or church.

This explains why we get so many flyer and advertisements in the mail from churches wanting us to join their congregation.

This is one example I didn't want to keep from you.


1 comment:

Maartje, Eelco, Rick & Kaat said...

Fantastisch! Nog mooier dan de barbie catalogus die wij opeens begonnen te ontvangen.