Tuesday, December 3, 2013

First 5k

A little while ago I took up running. I hate gyms and I like exercising outside and since we have a very nice area in our neighborhood with trails and a lake it seemed like the right thing to do. I started 'Running with Evy' which is a Belgian training program and in 30 lessons Evy gets you ready to run 5k with nice music and encouragements.

My friend Monique started doing this as well around the same time so we talked about working towards the 5k run on Thanksgiving Day. However,due to a fall on my knee I wasn't able to run as much as I would have liked.

Register or not? Yes, no, yes, no......, ok then!

And we did it! Nearly 6000 people took part in the 1 mile, 5k and 10k runs. Almost 3000 ran the 5k! It was quite an experience. Lots of people on the side of the road cheering us on, including my most loyal supporters :)

Felt very good afterwards!

 

No comments: