Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Scary bottles

It is impossible to forget that in a few days it will be Halloween. Yards are decorated, shops are full of candy and the girls can't stop talking about their costumes!

We have some decorations outside and a little inside too. A small project I started last year was to make some potions and other scary bottles. Last year I made a few with some bottles I had at the time. However over the last year I have kept a box in the garage in which I would put any empty bottle that had some potion potential. The labels are easily found on the internet and then printed on sticker paper. Next some creativity is required to make the labels look old: wet tea bags, ashes from Thijs' green egg, a light touch of fire, some food coloring and plastic bugs from the dollar store. Fun!

The result:

Some close ups

 

No comments: