Sunday, November 11, 2012

Weekly teacher's mail

Every weekend we get an email from the girls' teachers to let us know what is on the agenda that week.

This is the email I received from Floortje's teacher this evening.

I'm so excited to start this week. I've read so many sweet posts about the things that my friends and family are thankful for and each one reminds me to slow down and notice the little things. I want each one of you to know that I'm thankful to be able to teach and reach each one of your children. They are each special little gifts and I can't wait to see the wonderful marks they will make on the world. I'm thankful for each one of their sweet smiles and their excitement when they tell me stories that they hold dear to their hearts. Being a teacher is a gift I've been given and the rewards are so plentiful. My rewards are their smiles! Thank you for letting me be a part of their lives.

I hope you all enjoyed a wonderful weekend with the things that you are thankful for!

My down-to-earth Dutch side feels that this is a bit much (or 'typisch amerikaans' as we would say in Dutch) but on the other hand I really appreciate the fact that the teachers are so involved and it makes me stop for a minute and appreciate the things that I am thankful for!

No comments: